Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Test Week - 14th to 20th January

Well, Test Week. This is what is written on the sheet I received yesterday with the workouts for this week.

Monday - The week started with two "all out" TT efforts for 5 kms. I chose the bike circuit at Nundah as I would not have any problems with cars and/or traffic lights. I did the prescribed warm up session and hit it hard for the first time. Then, for the second time.

And here are the results:





Now, just to put things in perspective, in November 2006 I did a 15 min TT on the same circuit and rode 10.8 Kms (Av. speed: 43 km/h). I don't remember all the details but I remember being in really good shape, had TT bars fitted and possibly my racing wheels (Zipp 303 tubulars).So, it will be interesting to see what I will be doing later this year.



The circuit was built for bike riding and is about 1200 m long with a few bends at the back and a long 500 m straight. I had a tail wind on the straight and some head and cross wind at the back.


I have used this circuit a lot, for racing and training, as it is the perfect place to ride when you are not in a mood to share the roads with cars and trucks...

http://www.hamiltonwheelers.com/index_page7.html



But, the exciting part is: the training has started!!! It is exciting because I spent bit of time trying to decide what to do for the 2008 season. I had a lot of doubts in which races I was going to do, if I was going to just get on the bike and ride/race as I have done previously or if I was going to grab a couple of books and design a training program myself. In fact, I was in doubt if I was going to train and race at all this year. There are other things in my life that I should be taking care off and cycling really puts all that on hold if you want o to be competitive and win Open Events and Championships.


I guess, I don't have to repeat what I, madly, decided to do. Also, I decided to work with a coach and have picked the "A" races for the year. But more on that later.


It is Tuesday, the second day of the program and a Recovery Day. It is also raining so I will get on the trainer for an easy 20 km spin followed by 30 min of stretching (much needed after those TT efforts yesterday).

Cheers!



No comments:

 
Blogged Blog Directory