Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Frank Schleck cleared


That's the best cycling news I've heard in a while, it beats Lance's return by much more than a country century.

With all the "dope" news hitting us every second day (a Belgium track rider just got done!), the all clear for Frank Schleck comes as the biggest relief. For me anyway...

Normally, I'm not one of those people who find a hero in a preferred sport, or action movie, initiating the kind of devotion that might lead to the strange type of behaviour we see during events, being cycling races, football matches or film premieres. In fact, I can be fairly apathetic to such situations and from my subtle existence in this world, call the whole thing a farce of the PR and advertising machines, simply classifying their creations as over-rated!

No, that's not Frank's case but I have found myself in a position of supporter (found it to be a better word than devotee or fanatic) of the Schleck brothers, not just for their amazing climbing capabilities but for their long association with the defunct team CSC, now Saxo Bank, and their contribution to Carlos Sastre's tremendous victory on L'Alpe d'Huez this year and overall title in the TdF.

Here it is, I am and have been a Sastre's follower since his days as Ivan Basso's domestique. Guilty again, I do ride a Cervelo R3!

So, as with most aficionados, a positive blood test result of any kind or even a confirmation of any dope implication linked to a "hero" of mine (and now I said it) would bring a devastating effect to my belief on the sport, and perhaps on human kind, often, dismal existence...

I am glad there is no "B" sample in this case, it was just a payment of 7,000 Euros to Dr Fuentes.

I can go to bed now!

No comments:

 
Blogged Blog Directory