Thursday, September 29, 2011

Two different days at the office...



Yesterday's workout looks like this on WKO. I rode to the Nundah track (video), did a warm up (while I convinced myself I had to do the work) and I count from one to six, the number of intervals. Actually, I did ten but I am only showing the first six because that's what I did last week. And I can feel them this morning...

Anyhow, I decided to compare the two days to see if I could get more information on how I am travelling. Unfortunately the conditions were different, there was a much stronger wind last week, recovery in between efforts was shorter and my fatigue numbers (ATL) at the start of the sessions were also very different, 98.1 and 63.8.




Also, I looked at how much work I put into those workouts, the table below showing my stress score, intensity factor and normalised power. Last week's been a shorter but harder session.




Still, and factors aside, I think it is good to see in a simpler form how the numbers come up. Averaging the six efforts for the two days, there was an increase of 8% on the average speed and 4.6% on the average power, for longer. Wow, that reads so good. It puts me in a positive frame of mind as well, which is very important at this stage, being so close to the race.






Next, active recovery for two days and a short/hard race to really test the legs, and have fun. What else would I rather be doing?

Well, I could be on my way to Germany, to test ride a Canyon...

1 comment:

Groover said...

Just let me know when you arrive. I'll pick you up from the airport... ;)

 
Blogged Blog Directory