Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Nundah for a workout and Murarrie for inspiration...



Again, I ended my week on Saturday, and again with a criterium at our local circuit. It was my last chance to put a really hard effort and, with a bit of luck, get a good result to boost my confidence going into the Nationals.

The effort wasn't record breaking but the numbers were good enough. My TSS was 85.9 and my NP (Normalized Power) was 274W for the 1h02min race.

Our team had the strongest sprinter in the field and was successful bringing him to the line. My unofficial role was to cover moves and try to get away, hopefully prompting other riders to chase leaving our sprinter fresh for his effort to the line. No rewards for that, however...

Looking for a few more kilometers, I rode to the gym (work) in the afternoon. It seemed like a good idea until I had to get on the bike eight hours later and ride home against a massive head wind. Good training! (366kJ just to get home!) - I had to keep telling myself.

The Sunday ride was a no go after the weeks effort and a very early start at the gym again. Still, with bike racing in my mind, I drove to Murarrie to watch the final race of a local competition (Queensland Team Series).






I am glad I did because watching some of those guys racing can be really inspirational. They race really hard. And they try many moves to be at the front end of the race. There is no sitting in...






And that's how they finished it...




It was also a pleasant afternoon, catching up with the team bosses...



Next? Not much planned, I have four days to stay in shape and rest. I just know it is going to be a great race!

1 comment:

Groover said...

I wish I was there to support you...

 
Blogged Blog Directory